Chen Palmer has significant expertise in advising charities on a range of public law issues. We can assist charitable entities with all aspects of their operations including registration, funding applications, working with Internal Affairs who oversee charities and the Inland Revenue Department.
Many of the issues facing charitable entities back directly into our specialist public law expertise, including our expertise in working with government departments, and our expertise in working with public entities in the health sector, which purchase services from charitable entities.
We also have expertise advising businesses operating in the same space as charitable organisations.
Charitable organisations and coalitions of charities the Firm has advised in the past include:
- Te Kohanga Reo National Trust Board;
- NAVIGATE – a group of Auckland Mental Health and Addiction providers;
- Platform – the national network of Mental Health and Addiction providers;
- Social Service Providers Aotearoa Incorporated (SSPA);
- CCS Disability Action;
- Royal New Zealand Plunket Society;
- Association of Non-Governmental Organisations of Aotearoa (ANGOA);
- New Zealand Endometriosis Foundation;
- Allergy New Zealand;
- Royal Foundation for the Blind; and
- BEST Pasifika Leadership Academy.