From time to time we advertise our vacancies here. It is Chen Palmer’s preference that all candidates for employment apply directly to Chen Palmer and not through recruitment companies or advisers.
Chen Palmer attracts a variety of very interesting work that spans the entire public law spectrum – from overseas investment and business regulation, judicial review and public policy, to parliamentary advice and law drafting. We work for clients who engage with central and local Government, and we also work for clients who are part of local and central Government. Chen Palmer has offices in Wellington and Auckland.
Working at Chen Palmer
We are looking for people who:
- Have experience in providing public law and public policy advice;
- Have experience working in the Beehive, Parliament or Government agencies, and/or private law practice;
- Can interact confidently, and are able to build relationships with clients;
- Set high standards for themselves, and always seek to achieve those standards;
- Can write concisely, clearly and in plain English; and
- Are passionate about public law and policy.
If you would like to join our highly effective team please apply online to firstname.lastname@example.org
Current roles available
Public Law Associate (Auckland)
We are looking for an public law lawyer with a minimum of four years PQE, with a strong academic record and experience in private practice. Experience in public and administrative law, as well as employment law is preferred. Great packages are available for top candidates and a good career path through to Partnership, if desired.
Mandarin Speaking, Public Lawyer (Auckland)
We are looking for a Mandarin speaking lawyer with public law and/or litigation experience in judicial review with 2 or more years PQE.