Conrad has significant governance and government relations experience. He served as an elected member of the Victoria University Council for both the 2010 and 2011 terms. In addition to the full Council he also sat on the University's Audit and Risk Committee. He also served on the Victoria University Academic Committee in 2011. He has also worked in Parliament for the senior leadership of a major political party.
Conrad also has a range of media experience. He continues to write as a senior journalist and critic for one of New Zealand's most popular online digitial entertainment magazines, and is a spokesperson for a national law reform campaign. He has also guest lectured at the Victoria University Law School.
Conrad's awards and prizes include:
- Winner of the Christopher Highfield Memorial Prize in Judicial Law (2009 and 2010);
- Victoria University Summer Research Scholarship (2009-2010); and
- Best Delegate at the Model United Nations Security Council (2009).
Conrad has previously worked as:
- a journalist for a number of local, national and online publications;
- a tutor in international relations, political science and commerce;
- a legal researcher in the Victoria University of Wellington law faculty;
- a member of the Wellington Community Justice Project's Law Reform Team; and
- a presenter for the Ministry of Justice's Law in Schools program.