Chen Palmer is one of New Zealand’s leading judicial review specialists. We also deliver specialist public, employment and civil litigation services throughout all stages of the litigation process and at all levels from specialist tribunals (like the Waitangi Tribunal, Employment Relations Authority and Human Rights Review Tribunal) to the Supreme Court.
Our expertise includes:
- Judicial review and other public law litigation;
- Regulatory and professional disciplinary litigation; and
- Employment litigation.
Our previous work includes:
- E R Bellas Limited v Karikari Charitable Trust Incorporated  NZHC 2517.
- Discoveries Educare Target Road Limited and Others v Secretary of Education CIV 2020-404-749 & CIV 2019-485-560.
- Bus and Coach Association (New Zealand) Incorporated v Attorney-General  NZHC 1474 (decision on interim orders application) and 1559 (reasons).
- Chief Executive of Land Information New Zealand v Agria (Singapore) PTE Limited and Lai Guanglin  NZHC 514.
- MPI vs Allan Angus/Epicurean  NZDC 21845.
- Department of Internal Affairs v Qian Duoduo Limited  NZHC 1887.
- New Zealand College of Midwives Inc v Attorney-General CIV-2015-485-685.
- Attorney-General v Problem Gambling Foundation of New Zealand  NZCA 609.
- Problem Gambling Foundation of New Zealand v Attorney-General  NZHC 1701.
- Auckland City Council v Morlan Tong  NZDC 19242.
- New Zealand Motor Caravan Association v Thames-Coromandel District Council  NZHC 2016.
- New Zealand Motor Caravan Association v Westland District Council CIV-2013-418-5.
- Green v Waitangi Tribunal  NZHC 723.
- Board of Trustees of Phillipstown School v Minister of Education  NZHC 2641.
- Board of Trustees of Salisbury Residential School v Attorney-General  NZHC 3348.
- Exide Technologies Ltd v Attorney-General HC Wellington CIV-2011-485-1549
- Williams v New Zealand First Party CIV 2014-404-2172.
- Conservative Party v Electoral Commission CIV-2014-404-2098.
- Exide Technologies Ltd v Attorney-General  NZCA 651.
- Unison Networks Ltd v Commerce Commission  1 NZLR 42.
- Attorney-General v Unitec Institute of Technology  NZCA 317.
- Hosking v Runting & Ors  NZCA 34;  1 NZLR 1.
- Inatio Akaruru v Tiaki Wuatai and Chief Electoral Officer, 2001, Cook Islands Court of Appeal,
- McRitchie v Taranaki Fish and Game Council  2 NZLR 139.
- Capital Coast Health Ltd v New Zealand Medical Laboratory Workers Union Inc  1 NZLR 7.
- The Australian and New Zealand Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons Inc v The Dental Council of New Zealand CIV 2009 485 2475.
- Bierre v Clark CIV-2008-404-7235.
- Unitec Institute of Technology v Attorney-General  NZLR 65.
- Whangamata Marina Society Inc v Attorney-General  I NZLR 252.
- JH Tamihere & Ors v E Taumaunu & Ors CIV 2005-404-6958.
- Smithkline Beecham (NZ) Ltd v Minister of Health (2002) 16 PRNZ 361 (HC).
- Manawatu Polytechnic & Anor v Attorney-General & Ors HC Wellington CP 324-97.
- Board of Airline Representatives New Zealand Inc & Ors v Attorney-General & Anor HC
Wellington CP 391-98.
- Taranaki Fish and Game Council v McRitchie  3 NZLR 611.
- New Zealand Association of Residential Care Homes Inc v Northern Regional Health
Authority, unreported, High Court, Auckland Registry, CP 522/96, 18 December 1996, Temm J.
- Ryan v Disciplinary Committee of the Pharmaceutical Society of New Zealand & Ors HC
Wellington CP 79-94.
- NZ Medical Laboratory Workers Union Inc v Capital Coast Health Ltd EC Wellington WEC 45/94.